Main Website Home
Get A Quote
"Baker's Dozen" Lab Package
With the release of the new "GHS Safety Data Sheets in the Laboratory" program and the need to keep the "Material Safety Data Sheets in the Laboratory" program available during the period when laboratories are transitioning to an all GHS environment, we have 13 programs for our "12-part" lab package. Realizing that the majority of customers will most likely need both programs during the transition period, we are including both programs in the package.
A laboratory can be a dangerous place, but with the daily pressures to get things done, employees can be tempted to take shortcuts and ignore safety precautions. At the same time, with the increasing complexity of the equipment and procedures involved in experiments, employees need an even greater knowledge of safety practices that they may have had in the past.
MARCOM's "Laboratory Safety Series" shows both new employees and "seasoned veterans" the importance of safety in the laboratory. The programs review OSHA regulations, cover the use of specific equipment, and stress the importance of using good safety practices. The 12 programs in the series are:.
The 12 programs in the series are:
- Orientation to Laboratory Safety
- Safety Showers and Eye Washes in the Laboratory
- Flammables and Explosives in the Laboratory
- The Formaldehyde Standard
- Electrical Safety in the Laboratory
- Laboratory Ergonomics
- Using MSDSs in the Laboratory
- Laboratory Hoods
- Preventing Contamination in the Laboratory
- Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware
- Planning for Laboratory Emergencies
- Handling Compressed Gas Cylinders
- GHS Safety Data Sheets in the Laboratory